Imagine waking up to coffee and blueberry nut bread? Might not be totally orgasmic but it sure was good. Just imagine lying in bed and having someone bring you breakfast in bed — coffee, the newspaper and a piece of this blueberry nut bread. Ahhh…
Ok, so I know I’m dreaming. In my house it would be ME making the bread and ME bringing the coffee, newspaper and piece of bread. Some men just never think about spoiling their wives. If you’re a man, make this easy bread and spoil your wife. You have no idea what rewards will be in store for you. Nudge Nudge wink wink
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1¾ cups orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- Combine the sugars, butter, orange juice and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Add nuts and oats to the dry ingredients
- Blend the dry and wet ingredients.
- Stir in the blueberries and orange marmalade.
- Pour into 2 greased 9" x 5" loaf pans and let stand for 20 minutes while oven is pre-heating at 350 F.
- Bake for 1¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If you can stand to wait, it slices much better if you wait til the next day to do it. So far I haven’t been able to.